Our minds might be focused on ice cream cones, drive-in movies, and lazy beach days, but the reality is, flu season is approaching. Flu season begins around October and ends as late as May, sometimes! That’s only 2 months away. What are you doing to prepare for it?
I’m sure you’ve already started seeing ads promoting this year’s flu shot. Well, that’s not happening in this family. We choose to promote a healthy diet, antioxidant rich foods, and combating the flu with preventative, natural wellness tools, such as essential oils, supplements, elderberry syrup, and garlic tonics.
My family has successfully avoided the flu for 7 years, with the exception of some pretty bad colds, that were quickly remedied with the options above.
If you want to avoid the flu, without resorting to getting a flu shot, keep reading! Here are my top 10 remedies and recipes to aid in flu season health:
- Pump yourselves full of Vitamin C. The antibacterial properties promotes wellness.
- Make a batch of Elderberry Syrup
- Drink Turmeric and Ginger Tea
- Make up a batch of garlic soup
- Make up a batch of Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic, Honey, Lemon Drink
- Eat a diet that boosts natural immunity. Ingredients include yogurt, honey, lemon, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, sweet potato, oranges, chicken soup, and cayenne peppers.
- Make a cup of this Garlic Milk for Cold and Flu Season
- Infused honey and garlic is an interesting and effective remedy.
- Make a batch of this powerful soup! Soup Recipe that is 10X more powerful than antibiotics.
- There are many essential oils that are “essential” to my flu season preventative tools. Lemon, peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree are great options.
So tell me…do you get a flu shot or do you resort to natural remedies? Have you been able to avoid it? Comment below!