Citric Acid Is Actually Made From GMO Black Mold

Mass produced citric acid and ascorbic acid or vitamin C, have had hidden GMO ingredients since the early 1900s, as the black mold Aspergillus niger has been used to ferment starches to derive citric acid.

Citric acid is often praised for its ability to to bring out the pucker-inducing and tangy tastes in popular foods. It is increasingly celebrated for helping to bring a balance of “all five flavors” to countless restaurant dishes and prepackaged processed foods – indispensable to even celebrity and TV contestant chefs.

What they don’t tell you is that citric acid is known to cause physical symptoms in people that are rather unpleasant. Those who experience allergic reactions and who have food intolerance’s to citric acid have symptoms such as stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting, cramping and hives.

Food manufacturers leave out that citric acid is derived from genetically modified black mold grown on GMO corn syrup. The USDA and the FDA still allow it to be used despite it being a known hidden GMO. Companies continuously capitalize on an ignorance based market.

Citric acid and ascorbic acid are both known accomplices to the creation of benzene, a human carcinogen, inside food and drink products alongside sodium benzoate. Studies proved that the creation of benzene could happen right inside the drink containers, while in transport, on store shelves or waiting for consumption in consumers’ homes. However, the FDA still allows them to continue using this dangerous mixture of ingredients, despite clear data on the matter.

Get the book here on Amazon!

Citric acid is found in virtually all manufactured foods because it’s a flavor enhancer and preservative. It is even found in organic foods, which is why it is so important to read the ingredients in the products you buy and be knowledgeable about how the ingredients are created.

Many people are under the impression that the citric acid in today’s food come from fruit. Citric acid does in fact occur naturally in citrus fruits like lemons, oranges, grapefruits in significant quantities, it is even present in most living things. But the industry would find it simply too costly to derive their preservative ingredient that way.

Are you still consuming these dangerous ingredients? And if you are is knowing how it’s made and what effects it could have on you enough to bring about a change and deter you from indulging? I personally am shocked with this insight and will be a lot more picky when I am at the store shopping!

Add Comment