This beautiful and simple DIY dried orange garland is the perfect accent for any home or business during the holidays.
I stumbled upon these gorgeous garlands while searching for “Homemade Christmas Decorations Nature” – and I am so glad I did!
How to Make a Dried Orange Garland
Step One: Gather Supplies (please buy organic when possible)
- Oranges – Head to your local grocer or co-op and buy a bag of delicious orange (be sure to enjoy one while you make your garland!)
- Cinnamon Sticks – These cinnamon sticks will fill your home with a holiday cheer.
- Whole Bay Leaves – Bay leaves provide great texture and a warm wintery scent.
- Twine – The twine is used to string your garland and hold all of the pieces. Buy something sturdy, designed for crafts.
Step Two: Dry Your Orange
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Dehydrate or bake on 200 degrees for 4 hours
Step Three: String Your Garland
- Thread a needle with your twine
- Choose a pattern and get to stringing!
I prefer the garland in the first picture posted in this article, but some people may be looking for a more simple look, in this case you could string your orange peels further apart.
Some people make wreaths out of their garland as seen in this crafthub image. It appears they added some chesnuts as well.
The most beautiful application of the dried orange decoration is on your holiday tree, I absolutely love this and hope to do something very similar!!!!!!!
Show us your dried orange garlands in the comments!
Check out our other DIY nature inspired crafts.