Do you engage in any of these brain damaging habits? I know I have done all of these at various points in my life! Brought to you by Mr. Health Guide! Like their page for more great information!!!
8 Brain Damaging Habits
- Lacking in stimulating thoughts. Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage. Do you read often? Journal? These are great ways to stimulate your brain!
- Talking Rarely. Intellectual conversations with promote the efficiency of the brain. Be sure to engage in thoughtful conversations whenever possible!
- Working your brain during illness. Working hard or studying while sick may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain. Be sure to rest when your body is asking you to!
- Head covered when sleeping. Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects. Let your brain breathe while you sleep!
- Sleep Deprivation. Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term sleep deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells. Make time for sleep! Go to bed early when possible and put down the electronics so your mind can rest!
- Air pollution. The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency. If you live in a high traffic area, make sure you have plenty of plants inside to clean the air!
- High sugar consumption. Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development. Sugar has many negative effects on the body and its worth moving away from these foods.
- Smoking. It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease. Smoking can do damage to many parts of your body, do your research and choose your habits wisely!